What I’m about to share with you is some pretty powerful stuff and will transform your business website into a profit making machine.
These 8 Questions Will:
- skyrocket your sales
- hyper focus your business on your most profitable products or services
- target the right customers (from the start)
- provide laser like accuracy in crafting the best marketing messages and sales copy
But first things, first….
Your Business Website Is NOT An Online Brochure
If it is, that has to change – right away.
Your business website should be a sales conversion tool that generates revenue. Period.
The second critical (and almost always overlooked) step in changing your website from “boring-here-is-an-overview-of-my-services” to “dynamic-selling-machine-that-converts-browers-into-buyers” is understanding what your customers are buying.
Your Customers Are Buying Results
You probably already know this, but your role in business is to meet your customer’s needs.
They are paying you to change their BEFORE state to their desired AFTER state.
What you sell (product or service) provides your customer access to that highly desired “AFTER” state.
This outcome is so important your customer are willing to part with their hard earned cash for it.
For your business to succeed you must know what that desired outcome is.
This is the basis for all good marketing, design and copy writing.
In short, getting clear on the desired outcome or result (after state) is paramount for generating revenue for your business and hyper-focuses your entire marketing strategy.
So, how do you do that?
How To Determine What RESULTS Your Customers Desire
So you have a great product or service and your current marketing tells them how awesome that product or service is…but you are leaving THEM to connect the dots on why it will BENEFIT them.
Instead, it’s time for Show & Tell. Give them a clear understanding of how you are going to move them to the AFTER state. In order to do that you need to do a little work….and it boils down to a handful of questions.
8 Questions To Define The BEFORE / AFTER State (so you can make them an offer they can’t refuse!)
Here are the 8 questions that will give you clarity (and focus):
- What does your customer HAVE in the “before” state?
- What does your customer HAVE in the “after” state?
- How does your customer FEEL in the “before” state?
- How does your customer FEEL in the “after” state?
- What is an AVERAGE DAY like in the “before” state?
- What is an AVERAGE DAY like in the “after” state?
- What is your customers STATUS in the “before” state?
- What is your customers STATUS in the “after” state?
(I learned these 8 questions from the great guys over at Digital Marketer)
To simply things for you, we have created a FREE easy-to-use workbook to target these questions that you can download after reading this.
Most business owners only tell their customers what they will get if they purchase their product or service, but GREAT business owners understand the value of telling their customers how they will FEEL, how their DAY will change and how their STATUS will increase by using their product or service.
Great business owners understand the POWER OF SELLING RESULTS.
Let’s look at an example….(using our workbook)
Once You Understand Your Customer’s BEFORE State Your Sales Copy Practically Writes and Implements Itself!
Focusing on the gap, effective and targeted sales copy (that addresses your customer’s NEED and creates VALUE) becomes easy to write.
Once you have your sales copy, take a moment and see where it naturally lends itself to be implemented. Put those details in the “Implementation” column.
Like I said, powerful stuff.
And the free workbook puts it all on ONE “at-a-glance” page!
It is so powerful in fact, that it also impacts how much you can charge. (Did I just get your attention?)
Simply put, the gap between your customers “before” and “after” state is called VALUE. The more value, the more you can charge.
In order to increase value simply create a greater distance between the two states.
You can increase value by:
- Creating a better product or service (better offer, better bundle, better features etc.)
- Showing your client the gap (value). You do this by telling and showing them everything they will get from your product or service.
Put It To Work
At this point you should understand:
- the benefits of the “before” and “after” state
- how to use value to determine what you can charge
- what products/services to focus your marketing and sales efforts on (when you are first starting out, pick ONE or TWO so you learn how to leverage this information and THEN apply it to other products or services.) I suggest starting with an entry-point item to gain new customers and a mid-tier item for existing customers. Both of these items should provide opportunities for up-selling and relationship building. what sales copy will move your customer from a “browser to a buyer”
- how or where to implement your new laser focused marketing position
If you are still unclear on why this information is a GOLD MINE, let me help you with how it can be used….
Use The Implementation Section of the Workbook To…
- Know what products/services to feature on the homepage of your website
- Understand what topics, tools, content and education your client is needing (which you can have them pay for or use as an entry way to establish trust and authority)
- Create a link magnet to grow your email list
Like I said, this is some pretty powerful stuff. Powerful enough to skyrocket your sales, hyper focus your business on the most profitable products or services you offer and target the right customers from the start so you are more likely to make the sale. Now it’s time to get to work and start defining this powerhouse of information to grow your business!
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICE
It only takes a second to show your appreciation for the free download you are about to receive.